You are hereCommittees / Tourism
Southeast Conference Tourism Committee
FY 2011 Work Plan
Tourism Committee Mission
Our vision for Southeast Alaska is to encourage and assist community development in the tourism sector of Southeast Alaska's economy.
- Increase awareness of Southeast Alaska as a visitor destination.
- Advance regional participation in tourism marketing and advancement.
- Advance regional off season “winter” tourism.
- Increase the number of independent travelers in the region.
FY11 Tourism Tasks and Work Plan
- Promote Southeast Alaska as an adventure destination.
- Look for ways to increase marketing dollars or find additional funding to market our region.
- Stay informed regarding the Alaska Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) Science Advisory Panel for cruise ship waste water. As well as other issues with the “head tax bill” such as Ocean Rangers, smoke emissions, and head tax reduction.
- Partner with Southeast Alaska Tourism Council in their “Inside Passage” brand enhancement project.
- Partner with AlaskaACT (Alliance for Cruise Travel) in their efforts to improve the environment for doing business in Southeast Alaska.
- Partner with Alaska Travel Industry Association in their efforts obtain a reasonable budget to competitively market Alaska.
- Partner with the Alaska Marine Highway System in inviting the independent traveler to use our ferry boats to see the inside passage.
- Work with other agencies and associations to promote off season recreation and tourism.
- Work with local groups to promote cultural tourism.
- Work with Alaska Airlines as a promoter of Southeast Alaska.